The Nextdoor app is a social media platform that is designed for neighborhoods. The main aim of the app is to make it easier for neighbors to communicate with one another, share information about what is happening in their community, and organize local events. Along with this, Nextdoor also includes a business page that allows local businesses to promote their company in the area by interacting directly with members of the neighborhood and the surrounding areas. Keep reading to find out more about setting up a business page and marketing your products or services on this local community app.
How Does Nextdoor Work?
Nextdoor is a social networking app that is designed for neighborhoods. It provides a private online network to keep local residents up to date with the latest from their neighborhood and promotes stronger community building around the world. The app is now used in over 260,000 neighborhoods around the world in several countries including the US, UK, Germany, the Netherlands, Australia, and France. It is used for a variety of reasons including meeting and getting to know neighbors, selling items, buying items or finding services, organizing community events, asking questions, getting recommendations, and posting alerts. Businesses use Nextdoor to engage with the community, get an idea of their reputation in the local area, run Local Deal ads, and share other special offers.
Creating a Business Page on Nextdoor
Before you can start using Nextdoor to market your business, you will need to create a business profile.
- Start by getting the Nextdoor app from the Google Play store or the Apple App Store, or sign up on the Nextdoor website.
- Add your address, postal code or ZIP code, and email.
- Add your name, gender preferences, and create a password.
- Add your phone number or choose a different method of verifying your account.
- Decide how you want your address to be displayed.
- Complete your Nextdoor profile.
Once you have set up a Nextdoor account, you can then set up as a business on the app. To do this:
- Go to nextdoor.com/create-business.
- Sign into the account you’ve just created.
- Choose whether you’re going to be using a business email or your personal email.
- Search for your business and choose it from the list. If you can’t find your business, you will have the option to create a new business page.
- Fill in your business address and select Continue.
- Provide an email address, website, and phone number that customers can use to contact you.
- Select the appropriate business category to begin creating a new page.
Once you have set up your business account, you can then set up a business profile by uploading your logo and cover image, sharing your brand story, adding more categories that describe your business to make it easier for app users to find you, and updating your contact information.
Promoting Your Business on Nextdoor
It is relatively easy to promote your business on Nextdoor with several options for doing this. First, start by getting recommendations from local users. It is worth reaching out to satisfied customers in your community for recommendations on Nextdoor, as you will need at least three for your business to start appearing in searches on Nextdoor. Share your business on other networks to help your profile grow. Once you have the recommendations, respond to any comments and questions from users to further engage with them. You may also want to consider running Local Deals ads.
How to Use Local Deals Ads for Nextdoor Marketing
Local Deals are the main paid ad product on Nextdoor. You can create one by clicking on Create a Local Deal in the left-hand menu from your business account. Use a short description of your deal as a title and fill in more details. Be sure to mention how neighbors will be able to access the deal and provide more information about your business and what you do. Your campaign can be run for between seven and thirty days, so choose the right duration. Add a link to your website, a photo, and a unique redemption code, and terms and conditions if applicable. Finally, preview your deal and select your audience. Finally, review your order, add your payment details, and submit the deal.
Nextdoor Marketing Metrics to Track
There are a number of metrics that you can track once you have started promoting your business on Nextdoor and have a local deal running to see how well your company is doing on the app. Some of the most important metrics to keep an eye on include:
- Nexdoor Recommendations: This is one of the most important metrics to track. It refers to the number of recommendations you receive and the quality of them. Getting recommendations on Nextdoor is one of the key drivers of organic growth for your business.
- Nextdoor Neighbors: This refers to how many different people can see your business on the Nextdoor platform.
- Nextdoor Neighborhoods: This metric tells you how many neighborhoods can see your business profile. You will need to earn recommendations from neighbors that are in a certain neighborhood if you want to show up there. You will only be visible to neighborhoods within a fifty-mile radius of your business.
- Organic Neighborhood Reach: This is the number of neighborhoods that can see your business profile on Nextdoor without any promotions.
- Local Deals Views: This refers to how many times a Local Deal you are running has been viewed on the Nextdoor app.
- Local Deals Clicks: This refers to how many times users have clicked on your Local Deal in the Nextdoor app.
- Local Deals Saves: This refers to the number of times a neighbor has saved your business’ local deal in the app.
By creating local deal ads, encouraging recommendations on the app from satisfied customers, and engaging promptly with any neighbors that leave comments and ask questions, you can use the Nextdoor app to promote and market your business in the local area.